A juried exhibition featuring the work of artists who were students at the College of Visual Arts in St. Paul, MN.
CVA Action, with generous support from Concordia University, are pleased to announce the second juried exhibition of artwork since CVA’s closing by alumni from the College of Visual Arts. Anyone who attended the college during its rich and lively history from1924-2013 is invited to submit their work to this juried exhibition, which will be held in the Concordia Gallery on the Concordia University campus in St. Paul, MN. Members from Concordia University and CVA Action have generously committed to providing exhibition space and hosting for this exciting event. The exhibition runs from September 7-October 11. Additionally, a one night accompanying PechaKucha event will also take place at the Concordia University campus on September 21 from 6-8:30 p.m.
The exhibition is open to all media including, but not limited to: drawing, painting, photography, printmaking, sculpture, graphic design, web design, illustration, book design, corporate identity, video, mixed media, etc.
Juror: Karen Wirth
Karen Wirth is an artist, educator, and vice president of academic affairs at the Minneapolis College of Art and Design. Her work explores the relationships between words, objects, and space through artist’s books, sculpture, public art, and critical writing. Her work has been shown internationally and is in collections including the Museum of Modern Art Library, the Getty Center, and the Walker Art Center. She has received Bush, McKnight, Jerome and National Endowment for the Arts fellowships. She was a professor, chair of fine arts, and then dean at the College of Visual Arts from 1993-2013
Entry Criterion and Procedures
Up to three entries must be submitted online no later than midnight August 13, 2017. Late submissions will not be considered. All submission materials should be entered via:
Required Entry Materials:
(Submit written materials in MS Word using naming conventions below)
- Artist Statement, 150 words max. Title files with last name, first initial and content.
- Bio, 150 word max. Title file with last name, first initial and content
- Submit up to THREE individual works of art completed within the past five years.
- 2-D: Two images per work allowable.
- 3-D: and multimedia: Five images per work allowable.
- Video: Must be uploaded to YouTube, Vimeo or other video sharing website. Maximum length of video submission is 4 minutes. Please include in your identification label the total duration of video work. Total duration time 15 minutes.
- Images should be JPEG files, 72 dpi in size, longest dimension 2000 pixels. Save images with your last name, first initial, and image number matching your corresponding image list.
Image list to include:
Artist name, email, snail mail address, phone number and years attending CVA.
Title of work, medium, dimensions (L” x W” x H”), date of completion and image number as it appears on your corresponding image list. Title file with last name, first initial and content.
Size restriction: 4’ maximum size in any direction
All required materials must be submitted no later than 11:59 pm on August 13 to be considered for the exhibition.
- Artist Statement SmithD_artist-statement.doc
- Bio SmithD_bio.doc
- Video Submission SmithD_01https://vimeo.com/Leaf in the Wind
- Image Submission SmithD_01.jpg
- Image List SmithD_imagelist.doc
- Dropbox Folder SmithD_CVA